Sunday, April 5, 2009

Two Peas in a Pod

My second event yesterday was Ashley and James' wedding. OMG! It was absolutely beautiful; they were beautiful; the day was beautiful; everything was perfect!


This is Marlsgate Plantation. The ceremony took place on the front porch with us sitting in the chairs along the walkway. The musicians were in the balcony above the porch. This picture is a bit washed out because the sun was so bright when I first arrived.

You may remember from my Busy, Busy, Busy post last month that I was working on a project for Sherrye. Since the wedding has now taken place, I thought I would share with you.

Sherrye had been telling me about the wedding preparations as they went along, and one day she told me about the favors she had planned. As usually happens with me, one thing lead to another and I offered to cut 100 pea pods for her to put together and make a card for the favors.


Ashley had written on their blog about the two of them being like Two Peas in a Pod.... Sherrye took that and had it on the table along with the favors. The back of the card has an excerpt from it. What were the favors, you ask. These little salt and pepper shakers! Aren't they precious? Although I don't actually collect s&p shakers, I do like them and have an assortment, so this was right up my alley.



I also have to share this little story. Remember that I had gone to Nicki's baby shower prior to the wedding? As I'm sitting there visiting with two of my aunts and just told them that I have to leave early because of a wedding, another lady across the room says that she has to leave early. I said, "Me, too." She said, "I have a wedding to go to." I said, "Me, too." She said, "In Scott." I said, "Me, too." Yes, total strangers together at one event going to the same second event. She use to work with Ashley's mother and I "work" with James' mother and use to work with him. It's a small, small world!

I doubt that anyone is going to need 100 pea pods, but I'll share my files with you just in case. There are two different files because I originally did not plan to cut the lining of the pod. Also, it's set up on the Expression for cutting on 8 1/2 by 11 paper.


This is the sun setting on the lake across the road from the plantation as I was leaving the reception.


Pea Pods

Pea Pod Liners


Jill

1 comment:

Susan Edwards said...

OH Jill, the peas in a pod salt & peppers are adorable!!! Nice job on those favors!!