Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Diva's Ribbon Storage

Tammy at Creative Critters Cricut Club has shared her ribbon storage and is asking others to share theirs. So, I thought I would join the fun.


I like to have my ribbon portable so that I can grab it and take it to crops. Therefore, the racks or rain gutter type storage doesn't work for me. I tried the little craft boxes with the individual flat cards like I stored embroidery floss on years ago, but that just downright drove me crazy. When I only had a little bit of ribbon, I looped it on a ring and hung it from a hook. But that didn't work when my supply grew.


Now I use the ribbon wrap cards from Magistical Memories. They're made for 1/2", 3/4", 1" and 1 1/2" widths. Each package comes with 8 cards. I use these for ribbon by the yard or a whole roll. I need it all together in one place.


I've been using this system for several years now and haven't felt the need to change, so it must be working. I can either grab the whole box or just some select cards and off I go.


I usually wait for an abundance of new ribbon and sit in the recliner watching tv as I wrap it on the cards and use straight pins to secure. As a matter of fact, it's probably time for a ribbon wrapping session. I'll have to go to a second box with the additional ribbon.


Some ribbon does need to be ironed when I use it, but that's no problem with the little iron Virginia gave me for my birthday a few years ago. Thanks, V! Wow! That was 3 years ago, so I have been using this system for a good while.


How do you store your ribbon?

Jill

1 comment:

Diane said...

I have that same teeny tiny iron - isn't it adorable!

My ribbon is in too many places using several different systems - time to get organized!