Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Scoring, Cable & Celebrate

Several things going on today.

SCORING
I'll start with scoring. Have you seen Diane's post about the Martha Stewart Score Board? She gives a review on it and is giving one away! I've wanted a Scor-Pal for some time but couldn't ever bring myself to order it. When I read her review, saw the price on it and knew that I had a Michaels coupon in the car, I was sold. I bought one on the way home today. $12.95 with coupon and tax. I almost missed them. The space for them in the Martha Stewart area was empty, but I found a whole display of them in the main aisle. Thanks, Diane!

CABLE
And have you seen Susan's post about the six foot extension cable at ScrappinCricut? I read her post last Thursday and immediately ordered one. Within a couple of hours, I received an email that it had been shipped and it was in my mailbox yesterday. What great service!

Now, I have to admit on this one that I wasn't exactly sure what I was ordering. For some reason, it just wasn't computing even though Susan showed a picture of it plugged up to her Gypsy. You may understand it completely, but I thought I'd show you a few more pictures.

OK, the end on the left is exactly like the end of the Design Studio cable that connects the computer to the Cricut. That end plugs into the back of the Cricut.


And the end on the right is like the back of the Cricut. I can now plug the Design Studio cable into the extension cable.


Or I can plug my Gypsy into it.


So now I have plenty of cord for either Design Studio or the Gypsy AND I don't have to go to the back of the Cricut to change them out. I can just unplug one from the extension cord and plug the other one in.

Thanks, Susan and Kendra!

CELEBRATE
Well, the Celebrate part of the post isn't a celebration and you may already be aware of this, but I wasn't. When I was working on Maddy and Aidan's birthday cards, I had problems with the Celebrate with Flourish cartridge. Sorry I forgot to mention it in that post.

The part of the cards using that cartridge was the "happy birthday" on the inside. When I cut that page, Design Studio asked me to insert that cartridge even though it had read my Jukebox. I clicked ok and it did not cut that part. After much playing with it, I finally cut those parts the "old fashioned way" (without Design Studio).

I tested my other two Lite cartridges and had no problems with them but could not cut anything from Celebrate with Flourish using Design Studio. I stayed home this morning waiting to hear from my appliance repairman about my clothes dryer, so I called PC while waiting. Lindsey had me uninstall Design Studio, clear the settings, reinstall Design Studio, update my firmware and run the latest font update again. Nothing!

Well, I heard from my repairman in the meantime, so I needed to get to work and didn't call PC back until I got home this evening. This time I got Ashley. As soon as I told her the problem, she said that they are aware of the problem and that IT is working on it and hopes to have a fix for the next Design Studio update. UGH! But at least they are working on it.

Hope you're having a good week,
Jill

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hi Jill,

You will love the Score Board. I have the Scor-Pal and will continue to use it as well but I really like the one eighth inch score lines and the easy envelope maker.

Thanks for the shout out!