Sunday, August 30, 2009

Elmo Birthday

We are HOME! Vacation was absolutely wonderful, but it sure is good to be home! My own bed, my own recliner, and my own FAST internet!

I wanted to share one more photo from our trip. We had dinner Friday night at Branson Landing's White River Fish House which is actually out on Lake Taneycomo. This is the Lake Queen that went by while we were waiting for our dinner. I think we'll have to take a lake cruise on our next trip.


OK, back to Cricuiting.

You might remember that Maddy's birthday party theme was Elmo. In case you missed it, here's the link to her Elmo card. We had Elmo plates, napkins, cupcakes, hats, games, pinata,...

With all of the photos I took, I had to have some great Elmo embellishments to scrapbook them. (With Kay so busy with the party stuff, I kind of become the photographer of the parties.)

I wanted the first page to be the title page, Maddy is 2. Very original, huh? Sesame Street Font has a SS character attached to each letter of the alphabet. These are TOO cute! I was fortunate that most of Maddy's letters were Elmo. But what to do for the Y? Then I remembered the foundation keys. Sure enough, there was Elmo holding a chalkboard. So I just took that and added a Y to it.


I liked the idea of the 2 being inside of a shape, but then I had the problem with shadowing it. Since the shape is a character key, there is no shadow for it. However, there's those foundation keys again. Yep, I found a silhouette rectangle shadow that I could adjust for the rectangle and weld a shadow of the 2.


Then I decided that the 2 just didn't stand out enough. I finally discovered that the Sunny Day characters fit those in the shapes, so I used it to cut just the 2 in red so that it covered the white 2.


Once I selected red as my background paper, the black base of the characters just didn't give it enough pop. That's when I decided that they needed a white shadow.


Although you probably won't be wanting a file for Maddy, I'm including the file so that you can click around on it and see what I used for different things. As usual, some of the pages are for previewing. The pages that would be cut for this are labeled Cut... I have a ? on Shadow and 2 because you may or may not want a shadow or another layer for your number.

If you do use this file, you will want to hide the noses before cutting page 1 and the eyes before cutting page 2.

Elmo Title Page

More to come.

Have fun,
Jill

No comments: