Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sand Castle Card


I made this card for Maddy's first birthday in June. (Well, this is actually a remake as I didn't have time to scan it before we left for her party.) I shared the cut file with the Cricut messageboard soon after I designed it. However, Ladyscrapper tried to use it recently and something has happened to the file. It is totally unusable. Yikes! I hope this doesn't start happening to other files.

Sooo, I created the file once again. I think this one will be better anyway.

Of course, the pink layer will actually go on the front. The palm tree is designed to cut off so that, when attached, it will look like it is behind the castle and not through the middle of it. And the coconuts go on the tree instead of falling onto the castle.

A number can be added to the flag on the pink layer to personalize it. I tried cutting her name into the same layer, but it worked better to cut the letters out and attach.

I hope someone can put this to use and enjoy. Here's the cut file.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this card thank you for sharing your cut files.

Marjorie said...

Thanks so much for sharing this file. I made sure that I got it this time!!

MTschanen said...

This card is adorable! Thanks for sharing your talents and cut files.