Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Card

Finally some time to spend with you. Last weekend was so crazy, but SOOOOO much fun! Claire's wedding was Friday night and absolutely gorgeous! Although it was cloudy and had rained in Little Rock, it was clear skies and nice in Hot Springs. This is Anthony Chapel in Garvan Woodland Gardens where they were married.


And a shot from inside.


In honor of National Scrapbooking Day, Kay, Angie, Christy and I had registered for a crop in Russellville. Kay and Angie were able to be there when it started at noon on Friday. I drove up Friday night after the reception in which the last 20 minutes turned into about 35 after hitting a rain wall. I was wondering whether I was going to make it in one piece rest of the way, especially when lightening hit a transformer just in front of me about 1/4 mile from the house. But I made it safely if a little rattled and looking like a drowned rat. Christy came up Saturday morning and said it wasn't much better but at least daylight.

But we had an absolute blast!!!!!!!


OK, on to my card. One of the blogs that I check out daily is Susan's Busy with the Cricky, and Susan is a member of the design team on Bitten by the Bug. Their challenge this week was to use two cuts from Beyond Birthdays--the vase and the word Mom or Mum. Since I had not made a card for my Mom, I decided to work on this challenge. I think it turned out pretty darn cute myself.


I love the Argyle design on Wild Card and decided to start there. I welded the diamonds to the card as the base and layered with the lattice, vase and Mom. All of the papers are CTMH (Creme Brulee, Juniper, Sorbet, Tulip and Black). I added Stickles (Diamond) to the the flowers, Mom and dots to the intersections of the lattice, and Dew Drops to the center of the flowers. Oh, and I stamped the vase and stickled the top to give it a little personality.


I stamped the inside with a CTMH set using Sorbet ink. I also added a piece of vellum to the inside. It was some that just happened to go with these colors.


I also like the envelope detail on Argyle-s so used it for the envelope. However, I didn't like what showed through the holes but also didn't want to cut the liner and use it. Instead, I used the Argyle with no shift and hid everything except for the jagged strip.


Once cut, I had to trim the strip a bit on each end to make it work but was happy with the results.


I didn't take another picture, but also cut a small Mom in Tulip and put it on the front. The envelope was cut in Sorbet and the strip in Creme Brulee.


My Mom gave me the bears in the above photos last year on Mother's Day. It plays "In My Daughter's Eyes".


I've done the cut file so that the card can be cut with any of the machines. However, the envelope can only be cut on the Expression. As usual, several of the pages are for a nice Preview. The card has 2 cut pages for the Expression and 3 for the smaller machines. I only created a page layout for the Expression. I labeled what was being cut instead of the colors as you will probably be using different colors. Others can use that page as a guide for setting up their other page. I did not set up a page layout for the envelope.

Mother's Day Card 2009

Replace Mom with a sentiment to match your occasion (or just remove) and this card could be used for just about anything female related. Replace the vase and it could be used for any occasion.


I started this post yesterday but got busy running errands and finishing my card before we went to dinner last night. As we did our celebrating last night, I should have a pretty quiet day today.

Happy Mother's Day! and my prayers to all that have cause not to enjoy this day.

Jill

4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

WOW, VERY PRETTY CARD...HUGS

Saskia said...

Thank you for sharing the file!

Saskia
Netherlands

Susan Edwards said...

I think it turned out GREAT!!! You do such nice work... YOU should be on the design team!!!

:-)
xx Susan

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Family/Mom/Dad/Daughter/Grandma,Grandpa,etc... Theme post on May. 18, 2009. Thanks again.